Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fall is Just a Good Excuse to Turn on the Oven


I'm a die-hard baking fan. Just because it's summer, 90 degrees outside, and 100% humidity does not mean I won't turn on the oven just to make some scrumptious dessert. However, I will admit that baking in that heat is not my favorite setting (see previous post for my fermenting Blueberry Buckle). As soon as that first cold day of fall comes around, I get the urge to bake. Something jam-packed with cinnamon, or apples, or pumpkin, or brown sugar, or streusel topping. Anything that could be served warm with a healthy serving of cold vanilla ice cream on top. These Cinnabun Bars fit just the specifications to indulge in my fall baking obsession. They're made with lots of cinnamon, caramel ice cream topping, and brown sugar. I also added chocolate chips since the original recipe called for chopped pecans and nuts of any type, are not my cup of tea. Although I do enjoy honey-roasted peanuts even though I don't like honey or peanuts... Anyway, I usually end up substituting various types of nuts with chocolate chips and really, let's face it, chocolate trumps nuts on the indulgence meter.

No comments:

Post a Comment