Sunday, September 13, 2009

Cheeseburger + Taco = Yum!

My latest cooking attempt was making Cheeseburger Tacos, found at pillsbury.com (I posted the link to the recipe below too, if you want to check it out). I initially chose this recipe since it was easy and quick, and let's face it, I'm just too tired after working all day to put a whole lot of effort into dinner (even though I love cooking). My thought process also proceeded along the lines of: Cheeseburger = good, Tacos = good, Cheeseburger Tacos = very good!

First of all, the meal goes amazingly fast if you cook the ground beef ahead of time (I always use the leanest ground sirloin I can get too). In addition to the meat, the recipe mostly consists of cheese and salsa sauce (I used medium to get an extra kick), taco shells, cheese slices (2% American Kraft is my choice), and any extra toppings your heart desires. For my toppings, I added additional salsa to my taco. But you could choose to add lettuce, tomato, onions, etc, however, my husband is anti-vegetable so we tend to leave them out in some recipes per his request.

Overall, the tacos end up being a shell of cheesy goodness. Cheese in the sauce, cheese in the taco shell, what more could you ask for. And further more, how could that taste bad?! I was incredibly happy with the simple and delicious recipe that I'm sure I will be making it again in the future.

This recipe is definitely a keeper.

http://www.pillsbury.com/Recipes/ShowRecipe.aspx?rid=18699

No comments:

Post a Comment