Tuesday, December 14, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I love holiday baking! I love baking anytime of the year, but there's something about baking around the holidays that makes it seem more special. Every year my mom and I pick out a plethora of recipes to try. Some are new and some are old classics, but regardless of how the goodies turn out, we just make sure to enjoy the time together and have fun. We usually don't have many recipes that are complete disasters (thank goodness) and these cookies are one of our triumphs!

I love the combination of white chocolate and cranberries. Especially in holiday treats! The sweetness and creaminess of the chocolate and the tartness of the cranberries just make a great contrast to each other. I've made some white chocolate cranberry cookies in the past, but this was the first time I tried this particular recipe. It's a basic butter cookie base with a few special additions, but the end result is fantastic. There's not an exuberant amount of butter in the recipe, but the cookies have a wonderful buttery flavor that will just melt in your mouth! They taste like you're making a Paula Deen recipe, but trust me, you're not!

No comments:

Post a Comment