Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Just Like the Reese's Commercial Says: Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Amazing!


I just don't think you can go wrong if a recipe involves both chocolate and peanut butter. I mean, come on. Puppy Chow, Buckeye Candies, Peanut Butter Brownies, etc, all amazing, including these Layered Peanut Butter Bars. There's just something about that glorious combination that makes a dessert a sure fire hit, unless of course someone is allergic to peanut butter and in that case, please don't serve these to them.

These bars have become a staple in my household not only because of how easy they are (they're made using a prepackaged peanut butter cookie mix) but also because of how great they taste. Especially when you keep them stored in the refrigerator! I've taken them to both my work and my husband's and there are never any left overs.

I chose to make these bars with creamy peanut butter since I don't like nuts and therefore, crunchy or extra crunchy is out for me, but if you like nuts, I'm sure you could substitute it in. I've also been curious to try some other types of "butter". Not dairy butter, but rather nut and/or fruit butter like almond, apple, pumpkin, even white chocolate peanut butter. I guess it's the culinary part of me trying to get out since I've never tried anything past the basic peanut butter and I feel like there's a whole new world of taste possibilities out there. Just food for thought...

1 comment:

  1. OMG - I love the idea of using other peanut butters! There are ton of good ones out there. Oooooo, new project!

    ReplyDelete